Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reversailles

Ficus Topoairy very Unwell

REVersailles
9 years ago

Hi all, new to the site.
Im the opposite to a green thumb but hugely fond of Topiary trees. I am based in Oman, I have had 4 beautiful ficus purchased a year and a half ago. They did fine at my old home with the heat, took a lot to readjust to the new home 6 months ago and irregular watering from a cleaner and the fact they are in constant sun of a particularly hot summer, up to 50degrees.
I saw they were ill, bought them inside to tend, Less sun light, more water and aircon to contend with.
It was suggested to re pot and leave outside.
They have only just now been re-potted, as I thought I would loose two with the dropping of leaves, root clumps loosened, fertilized and bought inside out of the extreme heat.
Two weeks on im seeing lovely new growth but im still dropping considerable yellow leaves.
The trees i have read are very susceptible to change so are now completely traumatized.
I am trying to work out which is the lesser of two evils as these plants can be indoor or out and I would prefer out if they can manage.
1- keep them inside for the entire summer, tend them, keep them in windows, fertilized, watered and nurse them for three months.
Or put them outside but in a sheltered area that gets less direct sun, and also tend then back to health, at least they are back to their natural environment they have been in for the past 6 months or is one more move going to be really bad for them.
Thanks for the advice.
It is particularly harsh on young trees out here, they are about 6ft and the trunks are no longer requiring steak assistance as they are strong enough.

Sponsored