Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3' to 4' Cone Shaped Boxwood

Posted by richardcharles z10/Malibu (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 08 at 18:23

I'm looking for a 3'-6" to 4' tall cone shaped topiary for the Los Angeles area. I'd like it to have the darkest green leaf possible. How would Buxus 'Green Mountain' and Buxus sempervirens Common Boxwood compare in this application? What are the differences? I've discounted 'Winter Gem' because it has lighter green leaves and might have trouble reaching the height.
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3' to 4' Cone Shaped Boxwood

The Buxus Microphylla 'Green Mountain' I have has dark green foliage with white variagation on mature leaves, and a slightly looser habit of growth than my Buxus Sempervirens 'Suffruticosa'. The 'Green Mountain' has been in the ground for two years and has grown about six-eight inches in that time.

Be prepared to wait or else shell out some dough for mature plants. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here