Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new member into & chicken wire question

Posted by zebradeb (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 03 at 5:29

Hello there ..I Live in the UK and have just moved into a house with 3 gardens..one is a small back patio area easy to manage!) the other 2 are about 60 x 30 ft each and divided by a hegde.. so there is a lot of work to do! My youngest son and i really want to try some topiary..weve brought some box plants and want to make our own frames from chicken wire..my question is.how durable is chicken wire? will it survive the UK rain, frost, and snow? (not that weve been getting much snow lately!)
Glad to have found this wonderful forum

Debra.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new member into & chicken wire question

Hi

I'm new to topiary also. So far I have made 2 using premade heavy guage wire frames. (One is a 4 foot tall giraffe covered with creeping fig, the other is a 3 foot pyramid filled with pink impatiens)

I also would love to make some out of hedges and was wondering about the chicken wire and how it holds up to weather. I know of some web sites that sell premade chicken wire frames, if you want the names.

How are you going to make the designs? Any ideas what shapes you will use?

Hoping someone will post about this too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here