Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teacup topiary begins July 6, 2009 - 8 pics.

Posted by schoolhouse z5/ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 6, 09 at 14:28

I wanted to create a slideshow and provide a link but I couldn't quite understand how to do that, so I decided to go ahead and post the photos. I figure it will take at least four years to shape a decent looking "bowl" for the cup and much longer for the branches to completely cover the wire and make the handle. It's a little difficult to see the depression(pics 7 and 8) in the photos. I'll try to post updates.

Digging the planting hole:

Boxwood shrub planted:

With teapot:

Wire shaped and added for handle(used clothes hanger)

Wire form inserted into ground at bottom of shrub:

Branches twisted-tied onto wire form:

Trimming begins to shape bowl of cup:

Trimming inside branches made a depression with a circular row of taller branches around it:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teacup topiary begins July 6, 2009 - 8 pics.

You little teacup is lovely.Thanks for posting pics.
Deb

o
RE: Teacup topiary begins July 6, 2009 - 8 pics.

Just an update on the progress of the teacup. This is as of last week, May 2010. The bowl has formed nicely, the handle is coming along being twist tied to the wire.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here