Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
topiary

Posted by intuit_mx Toronto,Canada (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 14, 04 at 11:26

I have a myrtle topiary which I keep in a corner by a window facting south-east. It has started dropping dried green leaves, so much so that the bottom ball is almost dried and empty. This middle are still green but also have dried green leaves. I am very concerned about keeping it alive. Watering it not too often as water runs into plate that plant sits on.

Any help would be appreciated - its a gift and I don't want to lose it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: topiary

I've just answered a similar question. This is something you need to take up in the indoor plant forum. Possibly the reason may be that moisture levels are not maintained. I think this plant is sensitive to low sunlight and also that it;s soil must not be allowed to dry out completely. Irregular watering may have stressed it out. Anyway, please contact the indoor plant forum and ask for people who are familiar with your plant.

o
RE: topiary

I made a mistake thinking there was an indoor plant forum, but what I was referring to was the houseplant forum. However in doing a search on myrtle, I came up with zero. No one has requested help on plant care. I also did another search on google. Turns out there is just not that much information on the subject.

I suggest you contact Humber Nurseries or Sheridan nurseries for advise. They may be able to assist with this plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here