Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Espalier pictures?

Posted by florascapes z5 MA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 23, 03 at 11:53

Hi all,
I'm wondering if any of you has a great picture of an unusual espalier I could exhibit in a class I have on Tues 10/28? I'm also in the process of checking around with books, mags and images on the web, but haven't found much.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Barbara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Espalier pictures?

Hi I also tried searching for photos on the web and have had very little luck at all. There are many books however that deal with the subject. This website http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/MG273 discusses the subject and shows diagrams. I copied the URL directly but it doesn't seem to work out. You can find this site by using google search and typing in espaliers. Unfortunately, this site doesn't show examples.

Ianna

o

this is a trifle late for your class, but I just discovered the article today. It's an article in the country living garden magazine titled Think Thin.

Ianna

ttp://magazines.ivillage.com/countryliving/garden/your/articles/0,,284660_531933,00.html

o

Too late for you, but look for photos on line of the 'Tree Circus' in california - don't remember the city. Very odd growths induced, including a telephonbe booth, cathedral windows and more, if I remember correctly.

Joe

o

Barbara,
Try searching "arborsculpture" online - you will find related photos. The book by Richard Reames "How to Grow a Chair" is also described online - sounds interesting!
I would like to find a Canadian supplier for this book.

- Laurel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here