Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of moss do I have

Posted by
Kaye - 6
(cody@yahoo.co) on
Wed, Dec 27, 00 at 12:26

Does anyone know if the moss that grows on a creek bank is what you can use on topiaries or in them and how do you prepare it. I have two kinds. Do you wash dirt off which is clay like or sterilize it somehow? I probably have 10 semi's full. Should be good for something. And river rock that sticks up out of a stream that grow moss when the creek is down which is most of the time. AND about cudju: I have a hillside with this stuff coming toward me and I wondered about making wreaths and topiaries from it. Would it sprout when it got close to dirt even if it was dried and shaped into topiaries globes and tree forms.
Kaye

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of moss do I have

I think your creek bank moss will be too crumbly when dry. Use long fibered sphagnum moss instead.

Cudju? Kudzu?

o
RE: What kind of moss do I have

I'm not sure how this is suppose to be spelled but its getting to be a problem and it looks like grapevines.I may try to use it for something.Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here