Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
murraygrowingmoss

GT5000/Brinly CC-500/Johnny Bucket

MurrayGrowingMoss
20 years ago

I had a request for some photos of my set up so here they are.

Here are some shots of the Brinly CC-500 cultivator I use to plow with.

{{gwi:312772}}

{{gwi:312773}}

This is the Test garden I put in mid may last year, it did very well 10'x 10'.

{{gwi:312774}}

I then added a set of Super Lug Ag tires in preparation for the arrival of the Johnny bucket

{{gwi:312775}}

Here is the rig with all attachments in place, I do not keep the deck on when using the bucket and/or cultivator.

I use the cultivator to plow up the ground so the bucket works with ease.

{{gwi:312776}}

Here is when I started the driveway work with the bucket, it shows the area I plowed up loose and a section I have already moved to the front. It also shows the garden in its pre season condition after I made it 20Â x 20Â it is covered with all the leaves the fell last fall and my 1015 onions are planted. The next 6 photos show the work the JBJr can do with the CC-500 cultivators help

{{gwi:312777}}

{{gwi:312778}}

{{gwi:312779}}

{{gwi:312781}}

{{gwi:312783}}

{{gwi:312784}}

Here are some close up's of the Brinly CC-500 cultivator. The tines are spaced to be behind the Rear tires so when I pull it the tracks are plowed, I then step over half way putting one tire in the space not plowed in the center and drag that, then step over full width and so on across the area being worked.

{{gwi:312785}}

{{gwi:312786}}

{{gwi:312787}}

And finally the garden as of today. It has been raining here all night and most of the day, the garden is doing very well, we are fighting a few bugs but nothing a bit of seven cant handle. the strings are a fence made of masons line that the dog is now trained to stay out of. I also use the string and temporary posts to make trellises for the tall growing plants and weave them through the strings to help hold them up it works real good and cheap too no problem just tossing it at the end of the season.

{{gwi:312788}}

Well that's about it for now, the GT5000 does a great job, and handles the attachments with ease, I plow in Low 1st or 2nd gear.

Bob

Comments (8)

• MurrayGrowingMoss
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ahhhh cool, my photo server is back up, 8-17-2004

• tonymeister
    19 years ago

Bob,

I notice the sleeve hitch on the back of your GT5000. Those available from Sears do not look like yours. I like the one you have installed over that of Sears. Where did you get it? I hope you don't say it came with it. I would like to get a rear grader intalled on my GT5000 but the sleeve hitch comes first. Thank you.
    Tony

• MurrayGrowingMoss
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Tony

It is the old Sears hitch sold last year the model number for the hitch is 25241 "GTV spring assisted sleeve hitch" From what I understand it has been discontinued replaced with the new one sold with the added quick remove rear plate that removes all the hitch hardware off the tractor with one bolt. And a power lift actuator is easer to add to the new hitch due to the added rear drawbar plate.

HTH
    Bob

• MurrayGrowingMoss
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well the GT is starting the 06 season and running fine. 2006 pics to follow weather permitting..

• sfw4020
    17 years ago

Could you email me where you got it and the price i'm looking for a cultivator my emil is

johndeeretractorsfarming@yahoo.com

• sfw4020
    17 years ago

i like the johny bucket have you got any other sleeve hitch attachments, i've got a harrow and a push blade. i use the harrow after my walk behind tiller

• lb59
    16 years ago

To MurrayGrowingMoss 7b-8a NC.Texas
    Can you operate the tractor with the cultivator and the bucket on it at the same time?

I have a Bolens 850 that I can put the blade on front and the tiller on the back.
    I can go back and forth between tilling and grading without changing attachments.
    The Bolens is 40 years old this year so I'm working on setting up a JD455 or my 2005 CC 2554 the same way.

• MurrayGrowingMoss
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sfw4020

I found the cultivator in a junk pile on the side of the road. It's not made anymore it dates back to the 50s 60s. Sears suburban days.

Also I have no other sleeve hitch attachments. I bought this GT5000 tractor and sleeve hitch so I could use the cultivator that I found a year or two before.
    The Johnny bucket came after that, it's just by chance that the 3 units came together to form a nice system for maintaining my driveway. :) Summer of 07 starting and I am a very happy camper...

===============================================*

lb59

To mow I have to take the cultivator off and reset the lift assist spring back to normal tension due to I am using a non-actuated lift on the sleeve hitch it uses the deck lift system, If I put an electric actuator on the rear I would not have to remove the cultivator. The bucket can stay on all the time; it has its own lift system. When not mowing the cultivator and Johnny Bucket can be used without any swapping out.

Its best to remove the mower deck when working with the bucket and cultivator so not to get dirt and gravel all over the deck.

07 season started with no issues other than new blades this year.

Bob

Sponsored