Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Chelsea Show

Posted by spage1 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 9, 06 at 1:23

A friend and I are considering going to the Show this May. I have always wanted to go but want to be sure it is worth the cost. I am a gardner as well but nothing to the extinct of others. I find the Georgia red clay a real challenge but adapting. Anyway, if any of you that have been could give me some insight I would appreciate it. Are there other gardens that are as good? How long does it take to see most of the Chelsea gardens? Any help will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Chelsea Show

Hi spage1, It has been a few years ago when we went to Chelsea. The lines are long; tickets are over sold. But well worth the effort to see the grand presentation.

If you are considering Chelsea, then you are really talking of London and its surrounds. London is a terrific vacation, thou a bit expensive. The trains, buses, and underground give the locale an easy place to visit. But be sure to purchase your travel passes before leaving (see internet). "Cheap Sleeps" can locate you an adequate bed and breakfast. "Cheap Eats" can show you where the food is fair, well prepared, and plentiful.

Museums art galleries, palaces, river excursions, London has it all.

The Chelsea Physic Garden (or a name close) is wonderful but may be busy with the show. And there is always Kew, a short boat ride up river. How about a day by train to Sissinghurst Manor? The possibilities are endless.

Please report back, all will be pleased to hear of your adventure.

o
RE: The Chelsea Show

My husband and I went last year to the Chelsea Garden Show. I would recommend that you consider joining the Royal Horticulture Society, because then you can get into the show a day earlier and beat the crowds. Also, the RHS has a beautiful garden in Wisley - easy to get to by train. As for the Chelsea Garden Show, there's so much to see that one day is not enough time! Don't forget to wear comfortable shoes, a light jacket and sunglasses! It was a little cloudy and cool in the morning, but then it got sunny and very warm by afternoon. Have a great time!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here