Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best times to visit Missouri Botanical Gardens

Posted by ohiovalleygirl z6 KY (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 02 at 9:33

Hello!

As I only live about 4 hours from this garden, I would love to visit. It sounds beautiful all year round but is there a peak time that might be best?

I'm torn between spring and early summer, and this seems a great forum to get some great info!

Thanks
OVG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best times to visit Missouri Botanical Gardens

I visited in mid summer about 12 years ago and left very impressed! I would recommend contacting them and ask for their recommendation. There may be certain plants that look better whichever season you choose. They strive to keep visitors interested year round -- helps pay their bills!

o

Have you looked at their website? I think they've made a list of what has been in bloom when. So if there are some particular things you'd like to see in bloom, you can see when historically they've bloomed.

You really cannot pick a wrong time to visit. Even dead of winter it is beautiful. But why don't you try going in the spring and then maybe, just maybe you can go again in the summer! I can assure you that you are going to want to visit again once you've seen it.

And plan to spend a long time at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Four to six hours if you are up to it. There is a lot to take in.

o

As previously stated, anytime is a beautiful time to visit. We live 3 hours away @ Paducah, KY so we go up a couple times per year. The spring flowers are wonderful and of course the roses in summer and all the summer flowers. They have the indoor activities also so basically anytime is wonderful. My daughter likes the zoo and science center and wife likes shopping and of course we hit "wine country" West of town, make it a weekend event, you will have a wonderful time.

o

I visit the Missouri Botanical Gardens every year in mid-May.
Have went other times but this is IMO the prettiest season. My birthday is May 21 so I ask to go here every year as my birthday gift :) Just go you'll love it what ever season you may choose.
Have Fun,
Loriann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here