My DH and 2 teens are taking a trip (10 days) to the Montreal/Quebec City vicinity this August. The itinerary is still in the planning phase. What are the “must see’s” of this region garden wise and other if we are more nature people than shopping people?
Travel Agents seem to think that everyone vacations to shop.
|You may want to consider the Biodome de Montreal |
The Montreal Botanical Garden
There is a zoo (www.jardinzoologique.ca/) in Quebec City as well as an aquarium (Parc Aquarium du Quebec).
All are worth a visit to learn more about the natural history of the area as well as viewing exotic species of plants and animals.
|If you are visiting Montreal first and then on to Quebec City, with a return through Montreal you might want to consider train travel from Montreal to Quebec City and back to Montreal. I have found the pricing to be fair; the trains prompt. And the parking in Montreal is secure. |
Travel from Montreal to Ottawa to Quebec City to Montreal, is one heck of an experience! Much info of local transportation (cabs, buses, rail, etc.) on the web.
Here is a link that might be useful: VIA Rail Canada
|Or even train travel from Toronto.|
|Thank you for all the info. We are even able to take a train to Toronto...I hadn't thought of that before- us being from the "Motor City" area. |
|Don't forget Le Domaine Joly-de-Lotbinière, in Sainte Croix-De-Lotbinière ( 45 minutes West of Quebec City) and Parc Marie-Victorin in Kingsey Falls (between Montréal and Quebec). Domaine Joly de Lotbinière is a Canadian Heritage site featuring one of the most spectacular hiscorical garden of Eastern Canada. http://www.quebecdusud.ca/fiche_attrait.php?L=en&FicheID=423&S=3 |
For Parc Marie-Victorin, it's Quebec most beautiful park featuring giant three-dimensional mosaic installations. http://www.quebecdusud.ca/fiche_attrait.php?L=en&FicheID=353&S=3
Return to the Garden Traveler Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.