Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bellengrath Gardens, Mobile AL

Posted by timgoodin W KY z6 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 02 at 23:02

We went last March 2001 and this was one of the best trips we ever took. The azeleas were in full bloom and it was just beautiful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bellengrath Gardens, Mobile AL

I was there in November. It was so beautiful I couldn't even begin to describe it. Must see to believe. There were mums everywhere!!! Oh, and the rose garden! The ground were decorated for christmas. I wish I could have taken the boat tour and have seen the light display. I did take the tour of the home and it was fasinating learning about Mrs. Bellengrath. I can't wait to go back.

o

I grew up in Mobile, so obviously, we visited often. I was always enchanted with the Japanese garden. I haven't seen it in years. I wonder if it still looks the same...

o

Suzy, the Japanese garden is still beautiful. We were there Friday, July 26. Very humid but still worth the trip. The entire garden is so beautiful in the spring and just as beautiful in summer. - Terry

o

We may be there March 9, 03. Are things blooming that early?

o

You should be there at azalea season.
Martha

o

The Gardens are beautiful. We visited in May 2002.

One of the vistas: bridge over Mirrow Lake

o

We were there in the latter part of March early April. The place was in total color with bloom everywhere you looked...I was in awe! It has been a few years but it was so beautiful, I still remember...We must have have had the timing perfect for the azaleas and rhododendras~~~ !

o

These photos were taken the first week of March, 2002. Definitely worth a visit!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellingrath Gardens

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here