Return to the The Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardens in north east Spain, Barcelona and vicinity

Posted by
Lillian Berkowitz
(EllisB713@aol.com) on
Sun, Mar 7, 99 at 12:37

We plan a trip at the end of May and early June. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardens in north east Spain, Barcelona and vicinity

I'm just starting some research on a trip to Spain next Summer, and am looking for similar advice. Of course in Southern Spain, the Alhambra and the Generalife are the notable gardens. Let me know if you find anything.

o
Jardi Botanic de Blanes Girona (Spain)

Hello Lillian, alive in Barcelona, and to about 60 km, we can find the Jardi Botanic de Blanes - Girona - (Spain), that has a good collection of mediterraneo climate plants. I hope that it can serve to you as orientacion. Bye Pere

o

The Alhambra is a "must see"!

o

Sure would agree on the Alhambra, not to be missed. there are some beautiful gardens in Morocco too.

o

I am also looking for gardens to visit in Barcelona. We are going the middle of July. I have heard of two; Parc Del Laberint and Parc Guell, both in Barcelona. Obviously, these both sound like parks. What I'd really rather see are private gardens. Please let me know if you find any.

Thanks!

o

Students are working on a project based on the Royal Palace Gardens at Aranjuez. I need information and pictures of these beautiful gardens that inspired composer Rodrigo to write "concierto de Aranjuez". I am an art teacher in Evanston IL. Please send all info to cph523Barbara@netscape.net

o

Can anyone update this list of gardens to visit, it seems dificult to locate private gardens in Catalunya Spain which may open to the public.

There must be lots of visitors to the region with a passion for gardening.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our mediterranean Garden

o

Somkoi,
love your gardens, writing and sense of humor. How lucky you are to live in Spain! Thank you for sharing your lovely flowers.
Happy New Year!
~Natalie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here