Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seattle garden visits

Posted by lisa703 7 Northern VA (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 07 at 16:34

I've enjoyed researching on this forum for an upcoming sisters weekend in Seattle and have a few questions.

I'm confused about Heronswood. is it gone, or just going? if going, can we visit?

We're flying in and out of Seattle, renting a car, and have 3 or 4 days for garden viewing. Is it better to stay in Seattle, or do you recommend a circle a route out and return? Where would you recommend staying as a mid-point? thanks for these and any other thoughts you may have to share with us.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seattle garden visits

Unfortunately Heronswood is no longer open for visits. The property is for sale see: http://pnhc.org/
There are some other great gardens to visit such as the Dunn Garden and the Miller garden. They are close to each other and both require advance appointments to view. There is the Blodel Reserve and Little and Lewis Garden, both on Bainbridge Island. Not sure about the Blodel but you need an appoint. for the Little and Lewis garden. They may be able to give you leads on other gardens on the Island you might be able to see. You might also contact the Northwest Horticultural Society for other options. I have supplied a link below for photos of Heronswood. There are also many other private gardens on my photosharing site. Happy travels!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://public.fotki.com/BambooMary/my_green_house/botanical_gardens/heronswood_visits/

o
RE: Seattle garden visits

thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here