Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stevebender66

Hawaii Gardens

Steve Bender
24 years ago

I'm looking for beautiful gardens, both public and private, in Hawaii. Suggestions, anybody? And does anybody know of a really great garden designer in Hawaii? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comments (7)

• sandra schmitz
    23 years ago

There are two National Botanical Gardens on Kauii. I am going to see them in September. You can write to: National Tropical Botanical, 3530 Papalina Road, Kalaheo, HI 96741, USA. They will send you some brochures.

• Heidi Bornhorst
    22 years ago

Midsummer Nights gleam
    Foster botanical garden
    50 N Vineyard Blvd
    Honolulu hawaii 96817

Sat July 28, 2001
    garden opens FREE 4:30-9:00
    Lion dance parade opens the event
    music, food, luminaries line the garden paths, sculpture and art, uplit historic trees

• Heidi Bornhorst
    22 years ago

Midsummer Nights gleam
    Foster botanical garden
    50 N Vineyard Blvd
    Honolulu hawaii 96817

Sat July 28, 2001
    garden opens FREE 4:30-9:00
    Lion dance parade opens the event
    music, food, luminaries line the garden paths, sculpture and art, uplit historic trees

• Caroline411a
    22 years ago

If you are going to the "Big Island" of Hawaii, I recommend without any reservations that you see the Hilo Botanical Garden. It is a garden in a deep valley on the ocean. This garden was created by private funding and lists of the designers and gardeners are available there. Hilo is a very agricultural area and there are so many garden architects and nurserys and landscape designers there. Wonderful resources. Happy travelling and gardening. Caroline

• Daphne
    22 years ago

Also consider the zoo in Honolulu. Lovely plantings.
    You can see some photos of flowers I took there on my website.

Here is a link that might be useful: flowers in Hawaii - mostly at the zoo

• Trees4Me
    22 years ago

No question about it...Hoomaluhia Botanical Gardens in Kaneohe, Oahu (20 minutes from Honolulu, on the Windward side)...400 acres of SPECTACULAR tropical foliage, divided up into 7 areas: Native Hawaiian plants, South Pacific plants, African plants, India/Sri Lankan plants, the Hau Tree grove, American continental tropical plants, and Southeast Asian plants...and the best part....ITS FREE! My wife and I stumbled onto this tropical beauty, set right underneath the unbelievably spectacular Koolau Mountains (Bali Hi look-a-likes-- green serrated cliffs, the tops smothered in permanent clouds)...we thought it was prettier than any of the other gardens in Hawaii, and had more variety of plants...and to think...our friends said "Avoid Oahu"...it was one of the highlights of the trip

• madgardenr
    22 years ago

On Kauai, check out the two National Tropical Botanical Gardens sites. On the north side of the island is Lawai Gardens; on the south side (Poipu area) is Allerton Gardens. Both are spectacular in their own right. Enjoy your trip.

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer