Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Travel to Europe, England

Posted by
Bill_zone6 W.Pa
(My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 01 at 18:33

What a shame with the mad cow, and now the hoof and mouth. Is this going to alter anyone's plans to travel this season? I have thought about it and put it on hold for now. But if one had reservations, what to do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Travel to Europe, England

I just bought tickets to England for May. I will be very disappointed if I can't hike anywhere, but I'm hoping for the best. If all the countryside is still closed, I think there is still enough to do in towns, and cities. Or maybe I'll catch a ferry over to Ireland.

o

• Posted by
    leonora
    (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 23, 01 at 10:58

Hi - hope you won't be put off by the scare stories - you can always come to London, or another city, there are lots of gardens, parks etc!! And Chelsea Flower Show is in May....if you'd like to e-mail me privately, I'll give you some more info about gardens in London.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jane's gardening page

o

We were in UK in the recent months, and visited Chelsea. I have never been in such a crowd ever, anywhere, and this really spoilt it for us.
We also visited Sissinghurst, in Kent, and would thoroughly recommend this to anyone as a not to be missed garden treat. It was a day trip from Victoria (bus) and we also went to Longbarn first, which was Victoria Sackville-West's first garden. Both are well worth a visit.
Incidentally, we had no trouble, or inconvenience from the foot and mouth, and were not prevented from going anywhere we wanted to. Tickets for this were purchased in Australia before departure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here