Return to the The Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gardens in and around Nashville TN?

Posted by
Mary Lamb
(marylamb@email.msn.com) on
Sat, Mar 18, 00 at 19:48

I'm going to be visiting my daughter in Nashville around the first of April. Are there any gardens to visit, nurseries or parks to check out, etc? I know about Cheekwood, but I am unfamiliar with Nashville generally. I'd appreciate any advice about up-coming plant sales, too, so I can advise my daughter. Unfortunately, I won't still be there for the perennial sale on April 15. I'll be back in Seattle for the Master Gardener's and the Northwest Perennial Alliance sales.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Nurseries in Nashville

I live in Greenville, SC and I do landscaping here in town.
I'll be coming to Nashville to help a friend landscape his yard. Can you suggest a quality nursery or nurseries in the Nashville area? Also, do you know if tea olive does well in your area? Any suggestions would be a great help. My friend is "plant dumb"

Thanks

o
RE: gardens in and around Nashville TN?

Try BOTANIQUE: Gardens, Arboreta and Nature Sites at http://66.201.87.81/. You can search for gardens by city and state. Bontanique listed Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, Gaylord Opryland Hotel, Grassmere Wildlife Park, Scarritt-Bennett Center and The Hermitage.

BOTANIQUE: Gardens, Arboreta and Nature Sites
Tour Gardens and Arboreta Navigation Page allows viewer to select US or Canada by map or list on Botanique. ... 545 Beech Creek Road S. Brentwood, TN 37027-3431 ... Dixon Gallery & Gardens. 4339 Park Avenue. Memphis, TN 38117-4626 ...

Here is a link that might be useful: BOTANIQUE: Gardens, Arboreta and Nature Sites

o

Radnor Lake is a great park for spring wildflowers. Nashville Herb Society has an herb-plus sale that I think is on April 8 this year. Google for their website for details. Get there early! It is a very popular event.

o

Cheekwood - best part is probably the wildflower area. Make sure you make it to the Japanese Garden. Not that it is outstanding, it is just easy to go to the garden and totally miss it.

The perennial Plant Sale is April 1st (remember April Fool's Day) at the fairground, not the location it used to be. I don't know what sale is on the 15th, but I would like to know. If you are still here the next weekend, you should check out the Bloomin Garden Expo in Franklin. info at http://www.wcmga.net/2006_expo.htm

I would love to swap something in my yard for Holmquist hazelnuts from Pikes Market. Let me know if you would be interested.

Hope you enjoy your visit,
Evelyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here