Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
traveling with plants?

Posted by rosessecretgarden (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 11, 10 at 12:33

hey all!
Do you remember traveling with plants? Was that successful? Do you want to share how and what did you travel with?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: traveling with plants?

What kind of traveling? In a car... My job used to consist of driving around all day, as far as 4 hours from home, and I would succumb to visiting almost any place selling plants, buying way too many by summer's end. Keep a spray bottle in case something gets too dry before you get home. Misting the dirt will not cause drainage overflow like pouring can. On the floor of the backseat is the best place. The backseat is not bad if you put the seatbelt on. What a mess if you have to slam-on brakes and send a plant flying through your car. The floor of the front seat can be too cold if you have the a/c blasting. Leave windows cracked if you have to park, and try to find a shady spot. The trunk can be a death sentence if you have to park in the sun for more than a few minutes. If it's something short enough, stick it under the car for shade while you're parked, just not near the exhaust or under the motor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here