Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Tours

Posted by Perenniallady_MA z6 MA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 03 at 13:06

Has anyone been on an organized garden tour in England or in other parts of Europe? Can you recommend any companies/ websites? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Tours

Try http://www.huronvalleytravel.com/. They're out of Ann Arbor, MI, but people from all over go on the trips. The yearly trip to the Chelsea Flower Show is over. Right now I don't see a link but I know they've done garden tours in Holland and Italy. Maybe email for more info.

o

check out this website -- icangarden.com They organize garden tours to Europe and have posted pictures on their website. They've visited places in France and Britain

o

Take a look on the web site www.toursgallery.com for a variety of small group garden tours. They change every year and our Garden Club members seem to like their style of travel. Most tour participants are over 50 years and you have a plant expert as tour manager as well as a guide.

Here is a link that might be useful: Special Interest Tours

o

• Posted by Lukmee Thailand CMai (My Page) on
    Sun, May 15, 05 at 1:03

Hello,
if you want to plan a garden tour in Asia and specially Thailand do not hesitate to contact me
In my area ther is a very nice botanicla garden - search online for ""Queen Sirikit Botanical Gardens, Chiang Mai, Thailand""
or some pages on http://www.forest.go.th/Botany/Gardens/

and the area is the main area to export tropical flowers

Please contact me on private mail
I may advice you or find somebody to assist you during your trip, as I already did for some gardenweb member from Singapore

lukmee

o

Last year I looked and looked for an organized tour of English gardens and finally decided that if I wanted to see all the gardens on my (long) list at the time of year I wanted to go (late July) I would just have to plan it myself. It was spectacularly successful! If you might be interested in this option, I'd be happy to share my itinerary, B&B's, advice about public transportation and car rental, etc. I'm now planning next June's trip!

o

Check Horticulture Magazines site and the trips that are organized by Nan Sinton.

Nan is a wonderful hostess, knows horticulture and has been leading tours for the Arnold Arboretum and Hort. Magazine for years.

I've attended classes under Nan's supervision in Massachusetts and California. She is excellent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here