Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fundraiser Garden Tours

Posted by cuttingedgegarden z6 CO (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 05 at 16:19

Has anyone ever helped to put on a fundraiser garden tour for an organization such as a Botanical Gardens? I work on a committee for our local BG, and we always have a dilemma over just how to sell tickets and when to distribute the maps. We like advance ticket sales, but get complaints because we don't give out the maps until the day of the tour. We mainly do this to prevent people from just going off on their own, on any day, as well as to protect the homeowners privacy. Ideas, anyone?
Thanks, mkp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fundraiser Garden Tours

The Olympia Master Gardners run a tour each year. My garden was on it one year. With the ticket purchased, you get the map. However, you must show the ticket to get into the garden on the day of the tour. Additional tickets are avaliable at each garden on the tour for last minute drop by folks. In Olympia, the ticket is the map printed on colored paper. There are people at each garden to check tickets and have a tally of how many people visited each garden.

o
RE: Fundraiser Garden Tours

I started the fall garden tour here in Wilmington, NC to benefit our local Arboretum. My garden is on the tour this year and I am again running the tour for this year. I am posting the website where we post information regarding the tour and found it is helpful to put the addressess of gardens on the tour with tickets being sold at each of the locations. Also our Arboretum which is pretty easy to find will sell tickets and tour goers can proceed with the map in the ticket from there. Most people can find one of the gardens and you can start with any garden where the tickets can be purchased by our garden hostesses/sitters. Maybe this info will help you.
When you get to this page, click on Art in the Gardens Poster to see our flyer,and the icon below it to see descriptions/photos of the gardens.
Pauline

Here is a link that might be useful: The Arboretum at Wilmington, NC

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here