Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jewel of a garden find in Devon UK

Posted by erstanfo 8/9 Olympia WA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 19, 05 at 12:17

If you are planning on going to the west country in the UK, you must see the Winsford Walled Garden. http://www.winsfordwalledgarden.co.uk/
Winsford is only a short 1/2 hour drive from RHS Rosemoor.

We have just returned from visiting many gardens in Summerset, Devon, Cornwall and one of the most enjoyable stops was to Winsford. Michael and his family have done a remarkable job building a 21 century garden within the structural back drop of a 19 century Victorian walled garden. The plant collection is remarkable with many unusual species arranged in a pleasant manner that you can get ideas for your own garden.
If you find yourself with a Victorian glass house to restore, ask Michael for advice, as he has become an expert at practical DIY restoration of the teak houses in the garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jewel of a garden find in Devon UK

The garden I enjoyed the most in Devon was Marwood Hill near Barnstaple. http://www.marwoodhillgarden.co.uk/gallery2/main.php

Here is a link that might be useful: Marwood Hill Garden

o
RE: Jewel of a garden find in Devon UK

Thanks, erstanfo and botann! I'm going to be in England next month and am hoping to go to Devon, where my ancestors lived. Now I know what to go see there.

Jennifer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here