Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davidjoe_gw

UK Cranbrook Garden Festival - ideas and advice!

DavidJoe
21 years ago

Hi

I am a landscape architect and Bed and Breakfast host in Cranbrook near Sissinghurst Garden in Kent. Sissinghurst is one of the absolute best gardens in England. There are many other great gardens nearby such as Great Dixter, Pashley Manor and Scotney Castle.

Although the Costwolds, Devon and Cornwall are well known for their gardens and countryside, surprisingly my part of the world seems a lot less prominent on web sites and travel guides. So my local community is keen to promote this part of England as a great destination for garden lovers. I have some tentative plans to start a Garden Festival for the area, possibly in June when the roses are blooming and we could organise talks by famous gardeners, organise garden tours, hold a plant fair etc etc.

So I was wondering if any one out there had any experience of this and could offer advice and ideas on setting up events, promotion etc. Or maybe you could let me know what sort of events would be of particular interest. All ideas and suggestions welcome.

I'll let you know how I get on and if anyone wants to keep in touch or see some photos of the area and its gardens please visit my web site at www.churchgates.com

I look forward to your help!

David

Here is a link that might be useful: my web site

Comments (2)