Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
zoos of the world

Posted by luseal z 6-7 PA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 14, 04 at 23:21

As an ardent gardener,I have gawked at hundreds of gardens through traveling and living in different countries. I have found out that Zoos are not only zoological gardens but also works of art as Gardens. Most of the time they are even more exciting than just gardens. They have animals in them. Even at my mature age, I would not miss a zoo in any country I was in. As a garden tour traveler, I have visited many many zoos in the world and saw some great trees and shrubs. What I esp like is that the landscapers develop little vinyettes sp?for the visitor to savor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: zoos of the world

Great idea... I know a lot of people on the Arizona forum have suggested the Phoenix zoo for their Plumeria display (although it is the last place on earth you'd think to find them...)

If you're ever in Tucson, The Sonoran Desert Museum is both botanical and zoological, with a great Hummingbird house, geologic and reptilian displays and some great info - a must see.

o
RE: zoos of the world

I have been to the Phoenix zoo three times and it is great landscaping there. I have seen Sonoran Desert Museum two times and there is a botanical garden outside of Phoenix, maybe 40 miles or so, and that is great to walk through. Going up the hills can be taxing in the heat but I am still able to make it if I go slowly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here