Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Caribbean cruise shore excursions

Posted by valray (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 15, 03 at 12:39

We are going on a cruise in October (soon!) that has one-day stops in the Bahamas (Half Moon Cay), Grand Cayman (Georgetown), Mexico (Cozumel) and Key West. Does anyone have any suggestions for must-see gardens or nature walks?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Caribbean cruise shore excursions

No, but if you get over to Antigua, the Flower Forest is cool.

o

Well, I have some general advice. The last time we took a cruise, we discovered that the packaged shore excursions promoted and sold on board the ship were NOT the best deal by far. Simply going ashore and finding your own tour guide with a vehicle was a much better deal. We did this with 2 other couples on Aruba several years ago.

I certainly wouldn't do this if I were by myself, but with a small group it was great.

o

We just got back from a lovely Caribbean cruise. Our last stop before we got back to New Orleans was Key West. DH and I just wandered around the shops dockside and it wasn't until I got back home that I was looking at some of the attractions there and discovered they have some beautiful museums and gardensbut you will need to find a tour or rent a car. Try "googling" Key West and you'll see for yourself. Key West was just gorgeous. The weather was balmy, the water so blue and so was the sky. You'll just love it.

o
Caribbean Cruise

whoopsie Valray. I just noticed that you've gone and come back by now ! Did you take any side trips ? It is beautiful, isn't it ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here