Return to the Garden Traveler Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Caribbean Vacation

Posted by spikec z7GA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 4, 05 at 16:21

I've got a few days to burn on vacation and am looking for any recommendations where I can visit:

1. A cacao plantation
2. A vanilla plantation
3. A coffee plantation
4. Lots of Plumeria

I know the big island of Hawaii has all this, but it's too far to go for only a few days. Any ideas?

Thanking you in advance,

Spike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Caribbean Vacation

The Caribbean islands, especially ones with rainforests. St. Lucia comes to mind.

o

That's funny you'd say St. Lucia. We're headed there next week :-)

o

I visited Grand Bahama Island about 10 years ago, and had a wonderful time at Garden of the Groves. I just checked out their website, and it says that it is currently closed for renovations, but anyone wanting to visit a SPECTACULAR tropical garden should bookmark this site. I've visited lots of gardens on several Hawaiian islands, and Garden of the Groves has them all outclassed for sheer beauty.

Go to http://www.grand-bahama.com/
Click on "Nature" activities, and then scroll down to the paragraph with the picture of the sea bird to find the link to Garden of the Groves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grand Bhama Island

o

I'd suggest St. Lucia too, or maybe Grenada.

o

If you go onto Orbitz and check out the resorts in St. Lucia they have a lot ofinformation about what's available and what things cost and about sevices there too. I am thinking of going there this fall. Still trying to decide between St. Lucia and St.Croix. Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Traveler Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here