Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kninneman

Tour Grand Gardens of Ireland 2004

kninneman
20 years ago

Dear Members of the Garden Club:

I teach a graduate class in literature in Ireland every summer. I am also a member of the oldest garden club in Wisconsin, the Sum-Mer-Dels. When I'm not teaching, I'm looking at beautiful gardens, so I decided to plan a tour of Irish gardens last year. I had 20 participants from across the US join me in viewing Belvedere House and Garden with Ireland's largest folly, Strokestown Park House, Victorian Walled Garden and Famine Museum, Powerscourt House and Garden, and cities of Dublin, and Galway with a tour of a crystal factory.

I am again conducting a tour for 2004, June 30- July 8. If anyone in your club is interested in more information, please contact me at kninneman2@yahoo.com Please include the desire to know more about this week's tour, as most of my emails are directed to me regarding my teaching, or the golf week in October, and I wouldn't want to send you the incorrect info regarding the garden tour. Thank you so very much, Kerry Ninneman, Oconomowoc, WI

Comment (1)

• simbelmyne
    20 years ago

Hello!

Have you ever been to Birr Castle + Gardens? I did a practical month there a few years ago - they were restoring the whole garden to its former state - it should be magnificent by now. The owner of the castle (Lord Ross)is a enthusiastic plant hunter and he sometimes overdoes it a bit ;-)
    would be nice to hear other comment's on this garden....