Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Tropics

Posted by Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle z9TX (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 4, 06 at 9:34

We will be moving to Panama in November 06. So excited to learn more about Tropics. We will be living in Boquete, I've heard it is the "coffee" area.

I've looked through the gallery here and can't wait to get my hands dirty.

Thanks for all those lovely photos!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Tropics

The weeds in the tropics are more interesting than what we try to grow in our non-tropical yards. :)

I just got back from 2 weeks in eastern Jamaica.
Lows in low 70Fs, highs in mid-80s ... February! :)

Coconut palms all over the Caribbean are dying from LY. Very sad sight to see plantations of telephone poles.

o

Have fun growing pretty much every exotic, warm-climate plant you can think of...

o

I only went to Panama once in my life and I was only there for two weeks. From what I could tell of all the things that do grow there, you should ask people for a list of what won't grow there, it will be a much shorter list. In fact about the only thing I didn't see there were Arctic lichens. Cheryl

o

Maybe once you move I can trade you some of our EXOTIC daylilies for some of your everyday weeds!!

Lee

o

I grew up in Panama, although on the Atlantic side. (Coco Solo and Gatun, 1976 Cristobal graduate) I'm so excited for you, and have to admit... JEALOUS! *lol* You are in a position to appreciate it all. I, however, took it all for granted, not then realizing what a life I had! Hope you keep posting after your move.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here