Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicallvr

Colocasia more hardy than M.basjoo....hhmmm

tropicallvr
18 years ago

A ebay seller says that his Colocasia is hardier than M.basjoo, but maybe this is a Aroid forum question.

I wonder if this is legit info? Or if it's a scammer?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink aroid grows in Ohio

Comments (6)

• Grant
    18 years ago

You do get a little of that on eBay, but actually this seller is quite knowledgeable about a variety of tropical plants and in particular is well known in the aroid community. He probably has one of the biggest collections of colocasia available for sale and also breeds plants (cannas, EE's, etc). If you feel like a walk on the tropical side I would say this is a very safe way to go. Bid with impunity and good luck!

Cheers,

• Boca_Joe(zone 7b) southern Delaware
    18 years ago

I agree. I have dealt with Brian many times, and so far he has been very reliable, knowledgable and honest.

Besides, Tropicallvr, you are in California- how cold can it get? LOL!

I live just outside of Wash , DC and just ordered this colocasia from him last month.

Cmon summer!

Boca Joe

• dcgirl
    18 years ago

Wos, Joe! Love your garden. May I ask you for some fast-growing flowering vines that do well in the DC area? What did you grow on the arbor by the back gate? It looks like it covered it pretty well. Also, is your blood leave banana winter hardy? Thank you!

• tropicallvr
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Boca joe- California is big, and I'm on the cold end of it (Zone 7 microclimate)
    I just ordered a few EE's from him, and his prices seem good, but still can't bring myself to pay for his hardy one.... yet.
    Kyle

• the_virginian
    18 years ago

Boca Joe:

This is the plant and supplier you told me about. I will order some to see if they make it on my side of the river.

• the_virginian
    18 years ago

dcgirl:

You should see Joe's place in person as it will make you feel like you made a wrong turn and ended up in South Florida. My place is a work in progress that can only hope to look half as good as Joe's.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus