Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cali_wanna_b

Anyone want to swap some plants?

cali-wanna-b
15 years ago

Hi all,

I am a regular over at the palm forum. Last year I expanded my gardening into hardy tropicals and would like to expand even more. There is nothing like sitting under some bananas swaying in the summer breeze....in central PA!!! Anway, I am looking for a few hardy tropical starters or lookalikes...bulbs, corms, cuttings and such for my garden this year. I would like to trade the following for any hardy tropical(except Musa basjoo, which I have a ton of if anyone is interested) ...plant for plant if possible. I would really like to find EE's, Persain shield, Rice plant and Butterbur, but I am open to anything. The following palms where all grown from seed and have lived in my "cold" greenhouse. I do not baby my palms and only turn the heat on when we are heading to the teens.

1. Trachycarpus 'bulgaria'....2 year old plant with 4-5 leaves, ready for a 1 gallon pot or the ground in warmer locations.

2. Butia capitata aka Jelly palm....2 year old, ready to send up it's first spit leaf.

3. Brahea Armata.....2 year olds plant. It suffered some damage last fall from a wind storm, but has recovered fully. Putting out it's third strap leaf.

4. Mediterranean fan palm... 2 year old plant ready to send out it's first split leaf.

5. California fan palm from central Nevada. 1 year old seedling already with split leafs. This is the most hardy Washingtonia that I have found.

6. True date....3 year old palm ready to split, very nice!!

7. Florida Thatch palm...2 year old...still small, but healthy.

8. Silver saw palmetto...1 year old with 2 strap leaves.

I can provide pics of all the palms I listed and I have multiple plants of most...just let me know via email!!! (ctdmdh7@verizon.net)

take care,

Craig

Comments (6)