Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SunsetSammy Backyard Photos 2008

Posted by sunsetsammy 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 16, 09 at 0:43

Well the summer of 2008 was the best yet! Lots of fun and some good growth despite a late start to the summer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sam's Backyard 2008

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SunsetSammy Backyard Photos 2008

I could not comment there, but WOW!! You have some giant plants in your garden, and they are very well kept. I like your color sense.

Maybe later this year I will have something to post, but right now my garden is in a shambles after the removal of six huge trees and digging new beds. and so on.

o

Love the cannas with the red leaves! The ones I currently grow all have the green leaves. What variety are they?

o

Hi Clarejoe

There are three types of cannas that I grow with reddish leaves.

Canna Tropicanna
Canna Australis
Canna King Humbert

Hope that helps.

o

Loved your pictures. Thanks
What's the name of your Castor Beans and your Elephant Ears? Every thing looks great.

o

• Posted by dees 5 IN (My Page) on
    Sun, May 10, 09 at 23:01

Wow, your gardens are beautiful!! I just found out today, after preparing a large new tropical bed, that I lost several of my favorite elephant ears and cannas while they were stored over the winter, in our basement...makes me sick..
DeeS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here