Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Queen Palms, seperation distance

Posted by cmfyrman 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 1, 05 at 20:42

I am planting several queen palms in my yard. I wanted to know the closest distance I could plant them together.

Of course when they are only 8 feet tall 3 foot seperation would look ok, but I know they can get quite tall.

I often see the recommended distance but wanted to know the absolute closest I could put them. Thanks for your help/
Chris in CA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Queen Palms, seperation distance

• Posted by Baci z10Ca (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 10, 05 at 8:12

Since you have not got a response yet, have you asked your palm nursery? The fronds would probably not be a problem but the root mass might be. As I am sure you know if you have to move them later the expense would be staggering.
I have a lot near me in which the spacing between the Queen palms is 3 ft between the trunks. The upper fronds share the same space & create a nice view. They are about 30-40 ft tall. The nice thing about the close spacing is it creates a barrier; a car or motorcycle can not drive through the palms, which might be a problem in the lot.

o

I just planted 10 in my yard today. I have been wrestling with this question. I drove around town and noted how much space mature queen palms seemed to need. I planted mine approximately 15 feet apart.

o

Hi I am planting 3 queen palms in my back yard alone the fence line and pavers, My question is how much space from the fence line and the pavers do i need to have for the roots to grow?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here