Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grullablue

Landscaping ideas around a hammock

grullablue
10 years ago

I LOVE my hammock, and spend a great deal of time in it in the summer/fall months. It's set back from the house in its own little corner, I have a farmette, so my yard is actually about two acres alone. The hammock is attached to a weeping willow and an oak tree. I have tiki torches out there, and on two sides is woods, one side, open yard, and the fourth side faces my horse pasture, and I love laying in the hammock watching the sunsets, and the horses grazing in the pasture. But, I'd like to do MORE. I'd like it to look more tropical, or at least pleasing to the eye. There is actually a pet grave under the willow, and it's "marked" by a boulder. But if anyone has willows, they probably look the same as mine. Even the grass doesn't grow very well under the willow. I would like an aggressive ground cover, and am thnking ajuga or snow on the mountain/bishop's weed. I hear they are aggressive enough to compete with the willow. I would just like to make this place my quiet retreat. I'd even considered putting sand underneath for a "tropical" feel. We shall see. I grow bananas and cannas, and brugmansia, and elephant ears here, and store them in my basement for winter. I'm thinking of somehow incorporating some of those in my hammock landscape. I've even been known to share my hammock with friends (it is a family size hammock), so making that area even more pleasing to the eye would be nice.Just looking for ideas here. Instead of ground cover, I've even considered using sand around the willow tree/rock, and then letting it also run underneath the hammock. Thoughts? Thank you!

Comment (1)