Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tikigardener

Bamboo Supplies in Utah

tikigardener
14 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy bamboo poles, matting, palapa roofs etc. in Utah?

Comments (5)

• aloyzius
    14 years ago

I'm always on the hunt for stuff like this. For bamboo poles I would hit the garden section of Smith's Marketplace. I know the one in Salt Lake has poles up to three inches thick. For Utah, the prices aren't too bad.

It depends on how much you want to buy. If you're building a large project it might be better to buy online. I know bensonimports has a lot of stuff you may be looking for.

I'm always on the hunt for this sort of thing, myself, so if you come up with any other good leads, let me know.

One other thing, what's with all of us Utahns going tropical crazy? I'm only now figuring out the possibilities outdoors, but have been doing things indoors for as long as I can remember. I even carve tikis. Maybe we fell in love with the Tiki Room at Disneyland as kids. And most of our parents took us there. I don't know.

• tikigardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks. I did find Bensons online and ordered a bunch of stuff last night. Their prices are really good. In some cases half of it's competitors. I'll check Smiths I've been meaning to look over there.
    As for Tropical Crazy I'm a california native but yep I've always been nuts over Adventureland and Gilligans Island. I want my own tropic retreat in the backyard and refuse to take no for an answer!! Calling local fence companies for a bamboo fence they sounded like I was nuts!
    I'd love to see your tikis and garden!
    I have a hard time finding cool plants in the nurseries too. Do you recommend a place that has good selection or a good price place to order online?
    Someone did the most awesome adventureland playhouse I'll send you a link if you like.

• aloyzius
    14 years ago

Gilligan's Island, Adventureland, and also the Brady Bunch when they went to Hawaii. Those things have ruined me forever.

I found trachycarpus fortunei at Wasatch Shadows Nursery in Sandy. They also had some cool tall bamboo, which I couldn't afford today. Cactus and Tropicals is another nursery that has quite a lot of stuff. A great place to get some ideas, but I don't care for their prices too much.

I don't yet have any experience with ordering any of this stuff online, but people here have had good things to say about Ryan at Collector Palms on ebay. But I found a couple others I want to try. I'll let you know how it goes.

• jamesmaloy
    14 years ago

www.bamboocraft.net/workshop/showgallery.php?cat=502 I hope I did this almost correctly. This is a website that has tons of interesting ideas for bamboo and bamboo products. There are also many links for bamboo products. I thought the prices were high but can't compare to what you may be paying. also bamboo fencer, Hida tools. James

• tawnyHorton
    9 years ago

Tikigardener your backyard sounds amazing! Im a photographer and would love to talk to you about using it for a shoot sometime!

TawnyHorton@yahoo.com

Sponsored
Koura Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Virginia's Top Choice for Reliable General Contractors