Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diamonddog_gw

Dracaena Draco's. How do I get it to grow like this?

Diamonddog
19 years ago

I wasnt sure where to post this. Its not really a palm. But many people who have Palm gardens have these mixed in. If I should post in a different forum, please let me know. I do think its "tropical" though

I am inquiring about Dracaena Draco or Dragon Trees.

Does anyone have experience growing them? I am going to plant 7 along a 100' retaining wall/planter.

If you look at the picture where I am attaching a link, you will see that the trunks are very long and straight without anything branchin off until 20' or so in the air.

I am guessing they don't naturally grow like this...or do they? I am thinking you have to cut them or trim them as they are growing and they grow extremely slow. I have seen pictures of very mature ones and they look like stalks of brocolli. Rather than brocolini (look I am going for).

Could someone shed some light.

For a 4' high plant, these things cost about $350 bucks each.

I might just get some Triangle Palms if these Dracaena draco are too much of a hassle.

I want a very "contemporary look" and something not everyone has. Thats why I selected this tree or Triangle Palms. I want people to look and say "what are those..never seen them before"

Does anyone have any other suggestions of palms or plants that would fit the bill. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting