Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have free taro bulbs/corm (Colocasia esculenta)

Posted by soaht Central CA 9B (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 23:58

I have some extra taro bulbs(Colocasia esculenta) left over from this years planting maybe 10-15 lbs left. It's the common one that you can find in the supermarket. They are green leaf with some reddish and some green stem, don't know which is which bulb. They grow about 3'-5' tall, not sure of variety but my parent's grows them for the bulbs/corm/tuber and stem/leaf to sell at their farmer's market. These are the edible type so the whole plant can be use in cooking. They may not be very colorful like the more ornamental colorful ones, but still make very tropical and attractive look added to any landscape. They are free, but I would be interested in trading for some dwarf papaya seedling/plant. You would just have to pay shipping postage. Let me know if you're interested, i've already got some takers from the other forums so let me know.

p.s. one bulb will multiply to tons of little plants in no time(same season planted)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have free taro bulbs/corm (Colocasia esculenta)

How tall do these get?

o

• Posted by soaht Central CA 9B (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 17:11

Depending on how you take care of them, they can be range from 3-6 feet. But I no longer have any bulb left until late winter, tossed the last batch, that somebody was supposed to get, but they never replied. It was just waiting for too long and dried up. However I still have a few, that didn't died after being tossed and mange to root into small plants. If you are interested in getting 1-2 small plant, I can dig up and ship it for postage fees.

o

Id like to have some but might be better to wait till next spring

o

• Posted by soaht Central CA 9B (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 17:32

That's a good idea. I'm currently out of bulbs until next winter /spring atm. And it's to late in the season for you in your cold zone, to get large enough plant to last long enough. Check back in Spring, might have some again and will post if I do or not then.

Take care:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here