Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identify this plant?

Posted by techtician 8 (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 14:35

Hi,

On the image at the top of the blog entry linked to below, there is a plant with pink foliage that I would like to identify. I've looked up images of every plant mentioned in the blog post, but did not see one that looks similar.

I think it my be an Amaranthus, but I am not sure (and if so, what kind?) and hoped someone here could identify it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden of Eaden blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identify this plant?

It could be a Coleus or Alternanthera.

o

I don't think it's coleus, but alternanthera looks promising. Thanks for the information, purpleinopp!

o

You're welcome. If the picture were clearer & closer, it might be easier to tell. If you just want to repeat the effect, also look at Hypoestes, easy to find. There are over 1400 different coleus, just FYI... Have you emailed the author of the article?

o

The pink plant is blood leaf iresine

o

The pink plant is blood leaf iresine

o

Yes, I also think it is Iresine herbstii.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here