Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making happy Ostrich ferns

Posted by poaky1 6 Pa (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 5:23

My Ostrich ferns have never come up the year after planting. I'm zone 6. I have Korean rock fern,Sensitive fern,Autumn fern. I may be able to buy another, but what do they like, so I can stop one from going away?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making happy Ostrich ferns

Perhaps you are killing them with kindness? I can't get rid of them in dry shade here. I would suggest next time that you plant, water well, then walk away.

o

I haven't really (until now) catered to ferns. I REALLY Love ferns and shade though. But anyway, Whatever shade trees, need to be included in the final conspiracy that leads to the final arrest of our native ferns!

o

Free tidal breeze.

o

Sorry I had obviously had too much to drink on July 17, 2013 at 4;21 AM. Sorry. I have planted Tennessee Ostrich fern in 2 more locations. One in a low area, where the abundant rain recently is settling, and in an upper area under an oak tree and next to a boulder where, hopefully the roots can stay moist longer than where there is no boulder shading the ground. Again sorry for the last 2 posts before this one, them cocktails snuck up on me. I'm a bit goofy sober anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here