Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chuck Hayes Gardenia

Posted by arl_tom z7A VA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 18, 06 at 10:41

Chuck Hayes is finally developing into a nice sized bush in my yard, about 2 feet high and 3 feet wide. The flowers are not quite as nice as August Beauty or Mystery, but they're OK for this climate.

Closeup

Whole plant (tea plant in the background)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chuck Hayes Gardenia

Where did you get yours and what do you do to keep it looking that good?

o
RE: Chuck Hayes Gardenia

Thanks, it came from Woodlanders at least four years ago. Chuck Hayes is supposed to be extra cold hardy, but the winters have been so mild that it hasn't really been tested here yet. I do spray it with wilt-pruf each Fall, though. The plant was a bit slow to become established and didn't grow much the first two years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here