Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me Pick a Dark-leaved Pink Canna

Posted by prairiegirlz5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 16:24

I am looking for a dark-leaved pink canna for a partly shady, east-facing bed. I think dark leaves will go better than green with the existing blue and blue-green hostas, and I would like a deeper true pink, not salmon or orange!

If you had to pick between Canna 'Birthday, C. 'Hope' and C. 'Shenandoah' what would you pick, and why? I need to get my order in fast, if you can share pics that would be ever so helpful! Thanks!!

p.s. I posted this in the canna forum, but there has been no response.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me Pick a Dark-leaved Pink Canna

I think pink dawn is dark-leaved. but cannas prefer as much sun and heat as they can get so a very shady spot will not be very good for blooms.

o

The spot I want to try is an east-facing bed, it gets morning sun and then part shade. 'Dawn' is pretty, please keep the suggestions coming.

The other plants are flowering tobacco, coleus, iresine bloodleaf, white iris and caladium, and three large hostas with blue leaves. I would like to grow a clematis or other vine too. Oh, I just gotta say it...

Whooo! Go Blackhawks!

o

I have Shenandoah...it is spectacular. The most georgeous blooms....very large and full

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here