Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaves turning yellow and falling off Angel Trumpet

Posted by restless zone 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 07 at 10:03

I have been growing an Angel Trumpet for 2 years now and it is about 9 feet tall. I normally use a teaspoon of Miracle-Gro to 2 gal. of water morning and night. Always has beautiful blossoms. The leaves have been turning yellow and falling off. I have tried a tea spoon of epsom salt to gal. of water a few day's ago. No change. Any one have any suggestions.
Thanks;
Restless

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaves turning yellow and falling off Angel Trumpet

I would suggest you bump up the Miracle-Gro a notch to at least a tablespoon to 2 gallons of water. That should perk your brug up. My angel trumpets are just starting to bloom. See a picture of one of my Charles Gramaldi brugs that I posted on my blog link below.

Jon on 8-7-07

Here is a link that might be useful: Mississippi Garden

o
RE: Leaves turning yellow and falling off Angel Trumpet

This is my first year with Brugmansia, but as far as I can tell, it is normal for the bottom or "trunk" leaves to yellow and fall off, especially in containers.
Considering yours is 9 feet tall (dont know if it is in a container), I am not surprised if it is the lower leaves falling off. all the searches I do for images, in google show leafless trunks so that a bushy Brug eventually becomes more tree-like.

You might consider doing a search in the brugmansia forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here