Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Erythrina crista-galli in bloom

Posted by hoosierbob 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 11:49

This one is interesting...it's a seedling of another Erythrina crista-galli I have. It has a softer coral color and is almost totally without any prickles on the leaves or stems. I got a lot of seed several years ago from one of my plants and grew a bunch of them for fun. I was tossing them in the fall since I was out of room and by chance realized that this one wasn't scratching me, so I kept it.

Anybody else in a cold zone got something in bloom? Bob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Erythrina crista-galli in bloom

Since you are Hoosierbob are you in Indiana? I got that from the sitcom "The middle". Sorry if I am wrong. I have some Lillies in bloom Asiatic lilies, sorry no pics of them, though. Your plants are pretty, are they zone 6 hardy or annuals?

o
RE: Erythrina crista-galli in bloom

Yes sir, I am in Indiana. Erythrinas are subtropical shrubs/trees, that take some cool temps, but no real freezes. I grow them in tubs in the summer and they go into the basement in the winter.

Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here