Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greyghost61

El Nino

greyghost61
14 years ago

I am relatively new to this type of gardening, I live in South West Ga. in what the newest zone map ranks as zone 8b. I have a number of palms that are cold hardy, along with cannas, gingers, bananas and elephant ears that are all zone 8 hardy. The palms were planted mid-summer and all have around 6 inches to a foot of exposed trunk. My concern is with El Nino we have typically a wetter than ususal winter and spring, along with lower than average temperatures due to cloud coverage, however we have less risk of hard freezes. My question is what precautions should be taken to prevent root rot on my plants with croms and to keep fungal infections from affecting my palms?

I live on a lake and most of the plants are planted in various conditions from full sun to moderate/heavy shade on the south/ south eastern side of my house, which is also the side that the lake is on, so I have a little bit of a micro zone going on. As for the shade conditions, the sun loving plants are in the sun and shade loving plants are in the shade with the gingers in mixed shade and sun.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz