Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
learn_gw

Neighbor spraying Round-Up

learn
16 years ago

I really need some advise. I live in the suburbs of Houston and have an elderly neighbor with too much time on his hands. My spouse and I get on well with all my neighbors except for him and we could write a book over his antics.

I have, or should say - HAD, gorgeous heliconia that were just starting to flower after being planted for 10+ years, that I highly suspect have been sprayed with a herbicide. These plants are on my side of a 6 ft cedar fence. I can see a mottled brown pattern on the leaves and they are wilting to the ground and there is another bunch 20 foot away that are still beautiful. I would not normally jump to the conclusion of mal-intent, but it is not the first time that my plants have been killed because he just "didn't like them" and has told me so.

I also need to mention that he has planted 2 stands of 20 foot bamboo on this same fence line, that runs under and into my garden. I constantly have to dig up my garden to keep it from taking over and will now need to have a satelite receiver moved because it is blocking the signal.

I'm also concerned because I have very small dogs, 4 and 6 pounds, and I have read that herbicides can cause seizures and even death - especially in very small dogs. This is their backyard and they should be able to go out to potty without worry of them being poisoned.

I'm out of patience and things like these are making gardening more of a sore subject than the sanctuary that I originally desired. This neighbor cannot be reasoned with, as we have tried numerous times.

I would really appreciate any advise on this matter.

Thanks - Lea

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH