Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
replanting bougainvillea?

Posted by ecwv 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 2, 04 at 14:12

Help! I live in Houston and my bougainvea do not bloom. I realize that I should have left them in their pots and just cut off the bottom, but I wasn't aware of this when I got them ($1.50 each from Lowe's because they were a season old and they wanted rid of them!). In the Spring of this year I planted them both in the ground near my pergola, hoping to have beautiful color and vines. So far, they're growing like mad (leaves, some varigated it seems and thorns) but there hasn't been even a single bloom. They get sun all day (southern side of house). There are a lot of small pinkish/red growth on the ends but they never bloom. Now I quit watering them a month ago and it's only rained a few times - still no blooms. I'd really like some advice. My thumb is so far from green...should I dig them up and put them in pots? or in plastic pots, cut the bottom off and replant them? Will digging them up kill them?
Thanks in advance for any and all help!

(I also posted this in Tropical Plants)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: replanting bougainvillea?

See if the site listed below answers your questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bougainvillea culture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here