Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is wrong with my bougainvillea?

Posted by kmkjimbo none (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 10:27

This is located in Southern Florida. The location is probably not getting enough light, but I am not sure if something else is going on. I also see there is something eating it but it is the yellowing/browning of the leaves (occuring more on the less sunny side) that is concerning me. I do feed it commercial bougainvillea food. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is wrong with my bougainvillea?

Kmk,
This is what I would do, I would take off every leaf that has that brown on it, and spray it real good with Organicide.
You can find this at any big home store.
It is really concentrated, so buy a spray bottle and mix according to directions.
Spray every inch of it, in the early morning.
Wait 10 days, then spray it again.
Even if you don't see symptoms, spray it.
Remove every brown leaf in the meantime, and if any leaves fall off, remove them from under the plant.
If it's a fungus, or a bug, the Organicide will take care of your problem.
Works great on any plant, will even kill fleas in your yard, and if you have pets, it is safe.
I swear by it. I have pittosporums that get horrible scale, and its the only thing that really works good.
Read the bottle, it's good for what ails your plants.
Have a great Thanksgiving!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicalesque Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here