Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengirl_17

Mail Order Sources?

gardengirl_17
19 years ago

My husband dearly loves the tropical plants like bananas and elephant ears and they've won me over too. Only problem is our local selection isn't that great. What mail order or internet companies do you recommend for interesting tropicals? Thanks so much - I've loved the photos of all the gardens on this page!

Kim

Comments (4)

• wilmington_islander
    19 years ago

Pine Island Nursery is one of the best...you can also try jene's tropicals..or just fruits and exotics. All 3 are in Florida and can be "googled" up.

• john_trussville
    19 years ago

My favorite is Plant Delights, in North Carolina. They have a wide selection, great quality & customer service, and offer a free printed catalog if you don't want to just browse online. They may be a little more expensive than other sources, but I think their quality & service is well worth it.

But wherever you choose to buy from, check them out first on the Garden Watchdog. Here's the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Watchdog

• danbo
    19 years ago

Believe it or not. You can find interesting things on ebay. Have gotten several good gingers, crinums, and cycads through them. One of the few places I found coontie.

• surfgirl21
    19 years ago

I'd highly recommend stokestropicals.com and also going-bananas.com

Sarah

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living