Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coconutmike

Palm Trees and Banana Trees

coconutmike
14 years ago

Hello palm tree lovers. My name is Mike from Montreal I have been a landscape professional for over 20 years doing landscape projects, plant selling and consulting. I have been growing hardy palms and bananas outdoors now for 6 years now with great success. My small windmill palms were protected with rose cones that proved to work. As the palms grew I looked for bigger rose cones but could not find them. So I started buying the blue construction styrofoam 1.5 inch or 2 inch and made boxes. I used pl bulldog caulking for seams. I stumbled on this site today and saw that arctictropical and others were doing the same thing and just had to say happy palming everyone!! We have 75+ palm outdoors here in Montreal this winter can't wait to see outcome once again.. My tallest windmill has 6+ft of CT and about 11+ft OA. Best palms for us in this climate needle-sabal minor-trachycarpus fortunei-takil-wagnerianus,yucca rostata-mazari, fatsia japonica-musa basjoo--marginal chamaerops humilis-buita capitata-ie pindo. I do not know how to add pics yet but you can google landscaping in Montreal and stumble onto pics Ciao for now Mike P.S -To Arctictropical I can really appreciate the amount of work your doing garden looks great-

Comments (6)

Sponsored