Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: cacao beans

Posted by romando 9, sunset 17 (amanda.azevedo@juno.com) on
Sun, Jan 15, 06 at 13:00

Make me offers! I'd especially love passiflora, plumeria, or just something really pretty!
Amanda 'romando'

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: cacao beans

They have to be VERY fresh for them to be viable.

o

I just bought them last week at a local Latin market...
Amanda 'romando'

o

Hey Amanda,
HAve you had any of these seeds to germinate? I have never tried them before.
Susan

o

Amanda, I live near Hershey, Pennsylvania. (home of Hershey chocolate!) A few years ago, there were cacao plants for sale at Chocolate World. I asked about their growing conditions and was told that first of all, you need a male and a female plant in order to grow beans. Secondly, the plants grow to enormous heights in the jungle, and no one has a greenhouse that tall! In other words, they had no idea why they were selling the plants at all and they recommended against buying them.

However, since you live in a very warm zone, give it a try. I'd love to hear how it goes for you... Jill

o

Do you have any cacao plants? I have lots to offer.

o

I just planted about 50 cacao seeds, and the first ones have started to germinate. So even though I don't have any cacao seeds left, if you are interested in cacao seedlings, remind me (send me an email) in a month or so and I could ship you some seedlings in a pot. Although shipping would be more expensive than sending seeds.

o

i have passion fruit seeds, which have germinated perfectly for me, if you have any cacao seeds or seedlings i would love to trade

o

I have Cassia alata , Cassia bahamensis, jatropha multifida and False roselle seeds. I would like some cacao seeds.
Thanks in advance
Barb

o

could i get some of those from you for sasbe or trade i have seeds for trade please look at my list.i can send you a variety pack of seeds for some of those if you would like

o

I am growing Theobroma cacao as a houseplant and have for many years. I have had them flower for me. I did not get pods but they can be hand pollinated.
I would be happy to chat with anyone who is interested in more info.

Sheri

o

I live on the Island of Saipan and I am very interested in growing cacoa trees. I am having trouble finding a source to buy seeds from. Does anyone have any information on where I might obtain some cacao seeds for growing?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here