Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Lychee Seedlings

Posted by cactusrequiem Zone 8 SC (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 3, 11 at 19:03

Hello all,
I am not sure this is a good time to be posting this, but I wanted to get it out there so folks can think about it.
I have an Asian Supermarket close to my house and I go there occasionally to find new and exotic fruit to try and get seeds from.
I hit the jackpot with lychees! I remember them as a child when I would go to the Chinese restaurant. That is what I wanted for dessert, they were fantastic! So, of course, now that I am a plant freak, I am trying to grow my own. Well, I think just about every seed I have planted germinated. I have some in the greenhouse and some inside the house, just in case it got too cold out in the GH. It has actually fallen to 32 in there a couple of nights and they look great.
I have probably close to a dozen plants that I can swap with.
I am really looking for Starfruit (Averrhoa carambola). I am also looking for Jaboticaba (Myrciaria cauliflora) if anybody happens to have some small seedlings, I am sure we can work out a trade.
If you happen to have any other unusual fruit seedlings, I have a bunch of some really oddball stuff, so you may offer something I already have. Please don't feel offended if I decline, I have a very limited space.
I would love to hear from you and what you may have to offer.
Darren

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Lychee Seedlings

Hi Darren, I have Macadamia seedlings for trade if interested!
Dean

o
RE: HAVE: Lychee Seedlings

Hi Darren,
I have some mini orange (citrofortunella mitis) cuttings if you're interested. If not, maybe you'll find something else in my trade list? Email me if you find anything.

Love,
Abigail

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here