Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Callisia Fragrans, Red Dragon Fruit

Posted by alzypelican z4/z5 MN (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 06 at 10:47

I would like to trade for Plumeria, Epi, or a rooted brugmansia cutting (any flower color except white or purple). I live in MN so exchanges will have to be made after late April/earlyMay. Thanks, Alison

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Callisia Fragrans, Red Dragon Fruit

Hi, Alison.
I would love to have your red dragon fruit. Can you give me an idea of its size? What is the fruit like? I have numerous plumeria in my yard and would be willing to trade several cuttings with you. They aren't hard to root over the summer even for someone in MN. Let me know if you are interested.

Pat (in south Florida)

o

I should have specified in my "HAVE" post that the Dragon Fruit is of a red fleshed variety, although I have not confirmed that with fruit. The cuttings are small about 3 or 4 inches (I live in MN so it's slow growing for much of the year).

o

Please excuse the confusion. I have Hylocereus (Dragon Fruit) AND Callisia Fragrans (Basket Plant) for trade. Basket Plant can be invasive if not controlled by freezing temps.

o

• Posted by baci z10Ca (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 19, 06 at 8:12

I have either an Hylocereus or Selenicereus to trade it has 3 sides but the flower looks like an epi. I also have what is probably a form of Callisia Fragrans if you want I can take pictures & see if our varieties are different.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here